- Organisation structure
- Job Analysis
- Job Design
- Development of Job Descriptions
- Competency Based Role Profiles
- Competency Modelling
Jobs are the basic units of organisation structure – the building blocks of organisations. They provide the bridge between people and the work to be done. Ultimately all jobs need to combine to support achievement of the business strategy and must be designed to ensure and maximise this alignment.
Job analysis is a systematic process of identifying the work outputs and competencies required by a job in terms of the overall organisational structure and strategy and describing this in the form of a job description or job profile. It is essential that this is seen as a business process rather than simply a paper work exercise, as job profiles provide a foundation for many of the organisations human capital initiatives. Where job profiles are used for job evaluation purposes it very important that the job analysis process identifies and describes the different levels of work in the organisation using a levels of work approach. 360People is able to use its extensive job evaluation expertise to ensure this is the case.
360People provides the following services with regard to job analysis:
- Design/customisation of the role profile template
- Development of job profiles aligned with the organizational structure and strategy
- Quality assurance of job profiles in terms of the correct level of work complexity
- Competency design
- Job analysis training
The 360People approach to customised competency related design is based on an analysis of the work to be performed. The competency analysis considers all factors that are required for successful performance of the work, by an individual, across the following broad dimensions:
- Behaviour and Skills
A competency is an underlying characteristic of an individual that has been shown to predict successful job performance.
Competencies describe what successful performers do in a given job. They mark the difference between average job performance and outstanding performance.
A competency shows what is required to perform a job and what outstanding performers do more often, in more situations, with better results, than average performers.
The competency design process is based on the appropriate level of competency aligned to the level of work complexity requirements across the organisation. The model below illustrates the different dimensions that are considered in formulating competency role and organisation wide solutions.
Competencies provide the foundation for competency based Human Capital management across the full talent management value chain:
- Recruitment and selection
- Career and Successtion management
- Develeopment planning and action
- Performance management
Competency based solutions can also be designed for the level of the whole organisation align the business strategy with the key current and future leadership and technical-functional-process organisational capabilities to achieve the strategic objectives.
COMPETENCY BASED CAREER LADDERS
Faced with the challenges of motivating and retaining professionals/specialists in a competitive global market, many organizations have come to see the limitations imposed by traditional approaches to reward that are based upon job evaluation linked pay structures. The key challenge is how to flexibly recognize the contribution of professionals based upon their individual competence levels, performance, qualifications, experience and training at any point in time, rather than a narrowly defined job or role and how to effectively manage their progression from level to the next in order to maximize their engagement and retention.
360People has extensive experience in the development of professional career ladders, which provide a powerful reward and recognition tool for professionals and specialists. Competency based career Ladders measure professional development and performance against set competency criteria that are linked to the organizations grading and reward structures providing a flexible, person based approach to reward and recognition. These ladders:
- Create flexibility to recognize and reward professionals based upon their individual mix of competencies.
- Provide transparency and a clear picture of the requirements for progressing from one level to the next.
- Create the foundation for the integration of all human capital processes and lay the basis for recruitment and selection, training and development, performance management, career management as well asgrading and reward.
360People works with organisations to help them:
- Determine HR implications and requirements for the career ladders and ensure alignment between organizational culture and change processes.
- Establish work stream design teams
- Determine work stream outputs linked to core competency areas
- Determine competencies needed to support outputs
- Scale outputs and competencies and develop a value matrix
- Apply job evaluation to the sizing of the different levels of work (Benchmark entry – normal – high capability standards)
- Develop pay architecture and alignment with performance management processes
- Assist with communication, implementation and review of the new reward system